Magnific Rock Retreat in Popoyo, Nicaragua APRIL 5-11, 2018
Join me this spring at Magnific Rock in Popoyo, Nicaragua. Find this retreat as a chance to not check OUT but of truly checking IN. There is a reason this place has Magnific in the title. This is a magnific adventure. We are counting the days to return to this amazing spot and we are proud of the retreat inclusions that we have to offer. Magnific Rock and Papaya Wellness have helped us craft a retreat experience that includes more than you will find almost anywhere! Traditional retreat packages offer accomidations, 3 meals, and yoga. In addition to all the Popoyo retreat has to offer, the days have time for you to attend activities and still have time to chill, read at the pool, walk the beach and swim, or climb the rocks at low tide. We will leave one day light with optional activities that will offer you a little extra time for a day trip in to the city if you want a little more from your adventure. This year Michelle Curtze will join us to teach some amazing classes and lead a dynamic Rising Strong Workshop.
Included in your Retreat Package:
Ground transportation inbound and outbound from airport.
6 nights accommodation in a beautiful ocean view environment.
3 nutritionally balanced and inspired vegetarian and seafood meals daily.
1 smoothie, unlimited coffee and water per day included.
All yoga classes- morning and evening yoga offered daily; Power Vinyasa and Restoritive yoga
Rising Strong Workshop
Guided beach meditation walk and ritual to release negative energy
Two surf lessons including board hire per person
One massage per person
Use of swimming pool and Pacific Ocean
Trip to local Hot Springs
Aerial yoga lesson (based on instructor availability)
Resort staff tips (for meals and room cleaning included in your package)
Special last night dinner
- Private Apartments 2/3 occupancy: $1895 (pp)
- Penthouse 2 person occupancy: $1795 (pp) *only two penthouse room spots available!! SOLD OUT **************
- **retreat packages are per person. Occupancy for spaces is to indicate how many people will be placed together. Please email with roomate requests and we will do our best to accomidate. Penthouse rooms are limited. Apartments are the only rooms that have air condiitoning. ALL rooms have a spectacular view!**
A $150 deposit reserves your spot.
Upon Registration, you will choose to be billed monthly or invoiced 45 days before retrat for balance due. If you choose the monthly invoicing, the balance of your retrat package will be divided by the number of months before the retreat. There will be no penenlty for not making monthly payment, total balance is due 45 days before retreat.
Deposit iand any additional monies paid are non-refundable after March 15th, 2018. We can not refund the transaction fee for any payment, The fee is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD for the amount you send. If retreat is cancelled by Retreat hosts or Magnific Rock for any reason, all money will be refunded to participants.
All listed activites and amenaties are included in your retreat package. should you choose to forgo any activity or meal, you will not be refunded a portion of your retreat package cost. The Aerial lesson is based on the availbalilty of the Magnic Rock instructor and will be replaced with a power vinyasa class or workshop if needed. Should you have unporedictable travel interuputions that cause you to miss a portion of the retreat, we can not refund part of your retreat package.
Contact me with any questions and check out Michelle at http://growstrongtherapy.com/michelle-curtze/
A Small Piece of Paradise:
Perched atop a headland in Popoyo, Magnific Rock Hotel offers our guests a unique experience of Popoyo. Our classic wooden themed hotel enjoys 270 degree views of the Pacific Ocean, along with views of Popoyo's main break, the famed Outer Reef, and Santana's beach break. Not only that, Magnific Rock enjoys close proximity to some lesser known surf breaks including the long left surf break literally below us, perfect for beginners and paddle boarders.
Wake up in the morning to a view overlooking Popoyo's famed Outer Reef and main breaks. These newly renovated apartments are perched upon a cliff face, offering the most impressive views of Popoyo.
Nicaragua is located in Central America, stacked right on top of Costa Rica. Travel to the Managua Airport to enjoy your 6 nights on the Pacific Ocean. Yoga classes will be held on the penthouse floor with a 270 degree view of the ocean. Other experiences are available outside your package cost like visits to hot springs, a turtle reserve, or horseback riding on the beach.
Heather and Melanie will each teach 1 class per day. Heathers classes are powerful vinyasa flow classes set to some great playlists. Melanie provides restorative Yin classes in addition to vinyasa classes. Instruction and classes will vary to give everybody exactly what they need!
All participants will be sent and are required to sign a waiver prior to the retreat. The details of this waiver are below:
I, (print name) _____________________________________________, hereby agree to the following:
- I am participating in the yoga retreat offered by Heather Celio and Melanie Taylor, during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga, as well as outside surfing instruction from a third party. I recognize that surfing and yoga requires physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury and I am fully are of the risks and hazards involved.
- I understand it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Yoga Retreat. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical conditions that would prevent my full participation on the Yoga Retreat.
- I understand the yoga retreat involves travel, lodging, and eating, including in other countries and territories, involves many risks, both knows and unforeseen. I knowingly accept all risks related to every aspect of the yoga retreat including, but not limited to, those resulting from travel, lodging, and eating both within the United States and any other country or Territory.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Yoga Retreat, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the yoga retreat, including any and all activities done with the Yoga Retreat group, or as an individual.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Yoga Retreat, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against Heather Celio and Melanie Taylor for injury, death, property damage or loss, damages or any other nature suffered by me that I may sustain as a result of participating in the yoga retreat. I, my heirs and legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge any and all claims I may have against Heather Celio and Melanie Taylor or connection in any way with the yoga retreat and covenant not to sue Heather Celio or Melanie Taylor for any injury or death caused their negligence or other acts in any way or connection with the yoga retreat.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – I understand that the registration fee is non-refundable. Further should I cancel within 30 days of the event for any reason, I forfeit all fees. Should the yoga retreat be canceled by Melanie Taylor or Heather Celio, all fees paid for yoga retreat package will be refunded back to participant.
I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I confirm being encouraged to consult legal counsel, and having voluntarily had the opportunity to consult legal counsel, before signing below.
What is Yin Yoga?
"Suitable for almost all levels of students, Yin Yoga is a perfect complement to the dynamic and muscular (yang) styles of yoga that emphasize internal heat, and the lengthening and contracting of our muscles. Yin Yoga generally targets the connective tissues of the hips, pelvis, and lower spine.
While initially this style of yoga can seem quite boring, passive, or soft, yin practice can be quite challenging due to the long duration of the poses. We can remain in the postures anywhere from one to twenty minutes! Yin and yang tissues respond quite differently to being exercised. You need to experience this to really know what Yin Yoga is all about. After you have experienced it, even just once, you will realize that you have been doing only half of the asana practice." - http://www.yinyoga.com/
What is Power Vinyasa?
“Power Vinyasa Flow Yoga is a powerful, energetic form of yoga where students fluidly move from one pose to the next while connecting their breathing to their movements. This type of yoga is taught in a heated studio which makes it a vigorous and revitalizing form of physical fitness. It incorporates strength, flexibility, balance, cardio and physical and mental stamina in one session. Baron Baptiste, the founder of this form of yoga, describes this practice as “the perfect blend of sweat and serenity.”
Vinyasa meaning, “flow” or “to move without resistance,” incorporates interval and cross-training exercises to challenge both the aerobic and anaerobic systems of the body. As your body adapts, it is important to vary the types, intensity and duration of the exercises. Power Vinyasa yoga incorporates regular sequences that become familiar to students, but incorporates variations to modify, intensify, or challenge the body by altering the pace or duration of poses, and the frequency that they are repeated" - http://www.radiantyogaedh.com/